We understand that dental insurance can be confusing. We’re happy to work with you to navigate the challenging maze of your benefits. We’ve compiled the following information to help you. As always, please do not hesitate to speak with any member of our team.
You deserve complete and effective treatment. We’re dedicated to working with you to ensure you receive the care you need and the results you want.
If you’re enrolled in a dental plan, we’re happy to work with you to maximize any “out-of-network” benefits.
Please remember that the benefits and restrictions of a group dental plan are negotiated between your employer and the insurance company.
Your dental insurance may not cover all the dental care you need. Sometimes, a dental plan will only pay for the cheapest treatment even when this is not the most effective solution. Relying primarily on dental plan benefits can have an impact on the overall success of your treatments. We want you to be able to receive the care you need to maintain optimal dental health without restrictions or limitations.
In addition, we’d like to remind you:
- Dental benefits typically cover only a portion of the costs for more advanced procedures such as crowns, bridgework, or dental implants.
- Cosmetic treatments such as veneers are usually not covered by dental insurance.
- Typically, dental insurance will pay for two cleanings a year. If you do not use these benefits by the end of each calendar year, you will lose them. We encourage you to take advantage of this benefit!
- Sometimes, a dental plan will only pay for the cheapest treatment---even though this may not be the most effective treatment. Please speak with your care team so you can have all the information you need to make an educated and well-informed choice.
- While plans vary, a typical plan covers basic restoration of a little less than one tooth per year.
- Please review your plan to understand your coverage. This may mean speaking with an insurance representative or your human resource benefits department.
- Participation in a benefits plan is not required for you to receive treatment at our practice.
We firmly believe that you deserve the best and most complete dental treatment. Our financial coordinator will be happy to answer any questions. We always want your entire dental experience to be a pleasant one!
Orthodontic Payment Policies
We work hard to make orthodontics affordable to you so you may have the best orthodontic care available worry-free!
The cost of treatment depends on the extent of the patient’s treatment needs. You will be able to discuss fees and payment options with our financial coordinator before treatment begins. We want you to have all the information you need to decide upon a payment plan to suit your budget. We also offer low down-payments, and we are glad to file the necessary papers with your insurance company.
In an effort to keep orthodontic fees down while maintaining the highest level of professional care, we have established this financial policy:
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a fee discount. (If you have insurance, we will offer a discount for payment of your portion of the fee that is not covered by insurance.)
- To fit your individual needs, financial arrangements can be made to extend your payments over a period of months, interest-free.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by VISA®, MasterCard®, and automatic debit from your checking account or credit card.
- In cases of serious delinquency, treatment will be discontinued, although we will make every effort to accommodate patients who have temporary difficulties.
- If you have insurance, we will help you determine the coverage you have available. We ask that you assign your insurance benefit to us. The balance will be arranged for you to pay (see above).
- We will help in every way we can in filing your claim and handling insurance questions from our office on your behalf.
We accept most dental insurance!