Advantages of early treatment
If it has been determined that your child needs early orthodontic treatment, we can assure you that there are many advantages that will help them in the long run. We can help decide when treatment should begin during your child’s initial screening at 7 years old, based on diagnoses of their oral development.
Having early orthodontic treatment at such a young age allows our orthodontists to guide erupting teeth into the proper position and detect any potential problems before they become more serious and require more corrective care. Early treatment allows us to:
- Reserve more room for crowded teeth and erupting teeth.
- Guide jaw growth to improve your child’s facial symmetry.
- Guide jaw growth to improve or create facial symmetry.
- Reduce the risk of future tooth extractions.
- Reduce treatment time overall by correcting orthodontic problems early on.
We will discuss your child’s options with you on whether they may need early treatment and which oral appliances and treatments may be best for their case. Schedule your child’s initial screening today by contacting our office.