Your options for orthodontic care
Depending on your specific needs, our orthodontists will determine which orthodontic appliance is best for you. There are many types of removable appliances that you can discuss during your initial appointment.
- Palatal expander — A palatal expander is a device that is used on children who need early orthodontic care. It helps to widen the upper jaw to allow more room for their erupting teeth.
- Headgear — Headgear is used for children to help restrict the growth of the upper jaw to improve an overbite.
- Clear aligners — Clear aligners are custom made to fit over your natural smile and gradually shift your teeth into place. They are more comfortable and easier to maintain.
- Mouth guards — Mouth guards are a great option for when you need to protect your teeth during aggressive sports. They will prevent your teeth from getting damaged.
- Night guards — Night guards are for people who grind their teeth at night. The guard will fit comfortably over your teeth and protect them from wearing down as you sleep.
- Retainers — Retainers are for when you have finished your orthodontic treatment. The retainer will help keep your teeth from shifting back into their original position.
Call us to learn more about our removal oral appliances and whether they may be part of your specific treatment plan.